Saturday at Well Read Books

The rain was coming down, but spirits were high. Well Read Books in Plaistow NH is a great place to poke around and get an unexpected "find." I came away with a delicious biography of Dorothy Parker. It was great fun.

How did I get away without a picture of Jeff, the owner, his lovely family, and Eileen, my buddy? Somehow I did.



I signed some books.


I signed the wall.
(not the Berlin Wall--ask Eileen about that!)
And I even came home with a lovely new mug and saucer.
I'm not used to the luxury of a saucer and I may switch to this full time.
And so now I'm back in my regular routine. I'm almost finished grading, though I was about ready to explode at some of the, um, poor quality of submissions.
"The second amendment clearly says 'you have the right to keep and bare arms.'" AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. And on that note.....
"He couldn't bare his living conditions." AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.
And the somewhat more perplexing..."The death penalty could kill innocent by standards."
And finally, who can argue with the fear of knowing that... "lives are at steak."
Happy Mother's Day, dear reader. Go call your mom!
love,
becky

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment