Recent Entertainment

Sometimes it's good to examine one's entertainment choices, isn't it? So here are the recent movies I have seen: some rented, some from the libes, and one or two paid admission at the theeyater.

the-hangover-01

The Hangover was, I think, a hit movie, or maybe it still is. This was a rental and I was extremely trepidatious about it. It looks stupid, vacuous. sexist, and immature. It was all of those. But I gotta say, it was pretty funny. Four stars from the Beckster.
nurse-betty-poster
Nurse Betty is a ten-year-old flick and I brought it home from the library. It's dumb. How could anyone be that dumb? I'm picturing the pitch somebody must have made for it--hey, a really dumb girl thinks she living in a soap opera! Uh, no. That's what they should have said. Renee is cute so I will give it one star.
entourage

First four episodes of Entourage. This looked like it would be addictive and we were in the mood. It's okay. It's skewed too young and male for me, I guess. The females in it make me feel old and crone-like, though grateful I don't have to compete in Hollywood.
00023254

Sex and the City 2. I went for the clothes. I have always followed the show and watched when I could because of the clothes. My mother used to say that about Charlie's Angels (old TV show). "I want to see what they wear." I get that.
SC2 did not disappoint on that level. Great threads.
The show is vapid and inane. Of course.
Duh.
However.
I really think the show on TV used to be thoughtful and provocative. It explored new territory for women's viewing. It wasn't stupid, vapid, or inane. Now it is.
But that's not the worst problem.
This movie is extremely insulting to Muslims. Is there a reason for that? Don't some of them hate us already? Did someone think it would be fun to throw a lighted match onto some gasoline? Isn't anyone going to say this?
Whatever.
One star for the clothes.
Date Night Weekend Box Office: Fey and Carell for the Win!

Date Night with Tina Fey and whats-his-name. I have always heard of Steve Carrell, but thought he was a black dude who wore glasses and pretended to be an Egyptian? Isn't there somebody like that?
The movie is deeply implausible, but what movie isn't? What comedy isn't, I should say. Three stars and Mark Wahlberg looks good without a shirt.

Valentines Day Movie stills - valentines-day-2010 photo

Valentine's Day--I turned this off after ten minutes because it was too boring to watch. That was probably unfair and I should have given it another ten.
Tough.
It's my life.
'

Cold Comfort Farm was excellent. It figures I would like this English PBS-ey kind of flick and I did. This is Kate Beckinsale, whom I always mix up with Kate Winslet and I think there's another English Kate in there too. Four stars.

I can't remember any more right now. So what's the analysis of the person who would choose to watch all of these?

Deeply selfish.
Silly, shallow, and superficial.
Out for her own enjoyment--

F--kin' A, baby!
I'm Living the Dream, dear reader.
A bientot
love,
becky

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment