Tension

It's all on Buchholz Does this look like an 80-year-old guy wearing a Red Sox hat and scolding a few young 'uns? I TOLD YOU LITTLE PUNKS TO STAY OFF MY FRONT PORCH! NOW GIT!

Well, it isn't. It's Clay Buchholz, dear reader, 25-year-old pitcher for the team, throwing his hardest. This is what you look like when you are throwing hard.

Yikes.
It makes you realize what tension is.
More and more Little Leaguers are feeling the tension. According to an article in last week's NYT,
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/09/magazine/09littleleague-t.html?scp=1&sq=little%20league%20tommy%20john&st=cse
Tommy John surgery is becoming more and more common in LITTLE LEAGUERS!

This is tension I just don't like to think about.

This is Nick Bona, pitcher for Peabody (Ma) West, headed for Little League World Series this weekend. I really hope his arm feels good and that he isn't urged to throw more pitches than it will allow. (thanks to Salem News) And of course I hope they win.

According to rivals.com, of the top 100 high school football players entering the 2009 season, ten are from Texas and none are from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Maine. What's up with that? Are we not big enough? Is a good New England boiled dinner not nutritious enough for the game today?

Nobody would be using illegal substances, would they? No, I'm sure they wouldn't.

We do still have #12:
One benefit of Brady's time off was that he got to spend more time with his family. He briefly addressed that Thursday. 'I'm a very optimistic person. I cherish those moments,'' he said. 'There have been great things happening in my life for a long time. This year was no different in different areas of success with marriage and with children and it's a great part of my life and so is work. So, I'm excited for all of those things coming together. I think I'm a happier person when I'm working.'

shown here demonstrating marriage proposal techniques to other Patriots.

Rambling around today, dear reader. I'll try to get organized if I can. Car dealer is still trying to get me to take "the survey."
A bientot
love,
becky

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment