I am a Techno-Jackass

Or at least that's how I feel today. The phone company says that there is a short circuit in the line coming into my house. YAAAAAAAAAY! If it (the short circuit) is flexing its muscles at the moment, crackling away and closing everything down, the phone guy can see where it is. But if it is NOT live, if the phone line happens at this second to be working, then he can't see it.


It's very much like telling the mechanic, "well, it was doing it this morning, I promise. Listen again--can't you hear it?"


Then the mechanic scolds you, but never mind that now.


I still have dial-up. Isn't that hilarious?


Mona.Lisa.smile.by.da.Vinci.jpgYeah, that's what I thought.


So anyway. Intermittently I have no phone and no internet. Until and unless the repair guy is here. Then it all snaps on and works.


Figures.


Today's blooper: "I don't like to wear shirts with sequence because they are too gaudy."


A bientot

love,

becky

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment