Living for Columbus Day

That's right, dear reader, and every teacher and every student in America knows why. IT'S A FREAKING DAY OFF, THAT'S WHY.
God, it seems I've been doing this for months and it's only been a week. I have around 130 students and frankly, this is how I feel.
Know what I'm sayin'? I of course do not have the six-pack abs. Is that what those are? My ribs can't exactly be made out. Let's not go there. Next week the first papers come in and I will more closely resemble this guy.
Image of a man drowningI wonder what the most prevalent error will be. Will it be "women," as in "a women walked into the room" or "she was a foolish women." Perhaps it will be something erudite, such as "if you believe that, you believe in the Eastern Bunny" [note: he can't be everywhere, you know]. Hopefully, no one will speak of the Noble Prize.
But I will get through it. I will get to Columbus Day and enjoy it fully. And then? And then? Oh baby, that's right-- Veterans' Day!!!!!
The 3rd U.S. Infantry’s U.S. Army Drill Team executes precision drill movements during a festival at Fort Eustis, Va.  This photo appeared on www.army.mil.Always optimistic, boys and girls.
A bientot
love,
becky

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment