A New Record?





How high can the grass get without clogging up the lawnmower, you ask. I may be finding out soon.








REASONS I HAVE NOT MOWED



1. Went to NYC and returned.


2. Had company
3. Rain


4. Slothful personality

5. Don't want neighbors to feel too optimistic about my behavior


6. Seemed rash

7. Can't remember the other reasons, but they are powerful and not to be argued with.





In other news, I have a yummy big bag of Bing cherries to enjoy. They are only good when they are crisp and perfectly ripe, not over-ripe, and these are. If it weren't for the pits that have to be so crudely spit out, they might rival apples. I don't like spitting. Also, I'm curious why and when cherries became the epitome of happiness, as in "life is a bowl of...." I mean to me, life should be a bowl of Dove Bars more than cherries. Or at least a bowl of mashed potatoes. Life is a scorpion bowl, baby!


Years ago I went to a dinner party where the hostess labored over cherries jubilee, which is flambee of course, but she forgot to use cherries that had been pitted. I keep meaning to use a scene where everyone is surreptitiously trying to spit pits into their napkins in a book. Maybe the nun can do it.






Here I am with my agent Kristin Nelson (center)and author Kim Reid at the recent Backspace conference in NYC. I always surprise myself in photographs. Here I am looking heavenwards for some reason that must have made sense at the time.
One final question: Do lawnmowers have to have oil changes? Please say no, dear reader.
A bientot
love,
becky


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment