Let us Be Elegant or Die





Those words are from one of my heroes, Jo March in LITTLE WOMEN. But someone should tell this girl that she wasn't really SERIOUS. Is this gross? How do people look at themselves in the mirror when they look like this? This makes me want to eat a sandwich. I won't, though. Only three pounds to go for High School Weight. Trust me, I was never this thin.










Kinda makes you happy to see this gal, doesn't it? She's swingin' it. Go, baby!!! I don't look like her either and never did. I said goodbye to Somewhat Big Thighs (that sounds like a personals ad and I bet it would get some replies) and good riddance.









This girl is probably really thin too. Sometimes you have to take a good look at an arm sticking out or a leg. Then you see it. Yikes. A toothpick

I think it's so cute how men always think we weigh less than we do. I read a book a few years ago that had a five foot nine main character. The male author said that she wasn't fat and wasn't thin at 115 pounds. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. That is SKELETAL. I see this everywhere, but of course we never say anything. I contributed to it in COUPON GIRL when I had Jeanie get all upset at weighing 140. Of course I didn't say how tall she was so that's my excuse.

My high school weight was 145. I am five feet six and a half and weigh 148. I look pretty slender, most people say. I'd never make the Dallas cheerleader squad, but I'm a little long in the tooth for that anyway. Can you imagine being at the auditions for that? A great time to drop acid. (I stole that line from WHAT DO YOU DO ALL DAY-- I LOVE it--still waiting for my friend's book--come on, Amazon).

I purchased a few schmattes today so I can look presentable with my agent Thursday night. I will be elegant and probably fall flat on my face in the subway. Personally, I think New Hampshire ought to change their present license plate slogan (Live Free or Die) to Jo March's words.


A bientot
love,
becky

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment