More Music Faves



Continued from my own list of 19 and I'm sorry to say I have nothing from Elvis. I do think he is HOT, though. Don't you?

My father once made my brother and me come into a room to look at a television screen where Elvis was gyrating.

"Look at that!" my father cried. "Howling to the moon!" That's how appalling it seemed to him.

I always try to think of that when I see rap performers....that's my reaction to THEM. I guess the generations just keep going forward, right?

My apologies for not linking these tunes, but it's beyond my capabilities just now.





Okay, so Phil Collins is next on my playlist performing "You'll Be In My Heart." A true blue kind of LOYAL song, I think. I used to think if I ever got married, I would want this played, but now I don't think so. It says too much about how different the two people are and I don't think I'm going to go off with someone THAT different. A beagle? Another species? Nah. Not at this point in my life. But hats off to Phil anyway.







"Morning Glow" from PIPPIN is a great song. If any group of words stands for the sixties and all its idealism, this tune does. You really feel that morning glow as it shines through the tent walls at dawn. Sorry, but this picture is from another song in the show, I think the love song, which is good but not on my list. PIPPIN was the very first Broadway show I saw and I was mesmerized. Can't they come back out and do one more number, I thought?





REO Speedwagon next performs "Can't Fight This Feeling" and who hasn't felt that way? You're friends with someone, you're friends, you're friends, and OH MAN, you want to be something else. REO was a college band in Champaign, Illinois, where I went to college so I have a special fondness for them. Not that I knew them there or that they knew me or anything. They were big time. I was just a dorm kid.




REO goes again with "Keep On Loving You." What's to be said? A great song and I don't think they played with that many instruments, did they? They have a distinctive sound. They used to play at Chances R in Champaign, otherwise called just "the R."







And third time's the charm once again for REO SPEEDWAGON, ladies and gentlemen! This time for "Time For Me To Fly," a great song of freedom. Oh yeah, baby!!!!
I'm so happy to honor this tremendous group. Wonder where they are.....


To Be Continued

A bientot
love,
Becky



counter free hit unique web

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment